Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Christmas Crafts
So I took advantage of Ella sleeping more than 30 minutes at a time and finally finished her Christmas stocking. Naturally, when I work on a project, especially sewing, I always forget a step or do something wrong. Even when I double and triple check before I do something...it always happens. And I end up unpicking for a while...a skill my mom taught me to get used to. I'm just glad to have it done, and it looks cuter than I first thought, so that's a plus. So now I'm done...until the next kid comes along, or until my kids get married and I do one for their spouse. : )
We have a tradition, well we are starting a family tradition, that when Santa comes to our house, he only brings toys and surprises that will fit into the stocking. So I made them bigger so Santa can bring things that will be fun without such a space constraint. I want to keep the magic alive, but we have decided that Santa will not be responsible for everything grand at Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Those turned out so cute! I don't have the patience for un-picking, thus the lack of home made things in my home... :) I like your tradition- fun idea! Thanks for the phone call the other day- it was great to catch up for a bit. Have a good one! Miss ya!
ReplyDelete