Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Beautiful April!



April has really been a fun month for us. We celebrated William's 3rd birthday and Ella's 2 month birthday! We thoroughly love the warm weather and playing outside. William has really come back to life and is much more polite and delightful when he can play outside and get good and dirty.

My sweet mother was able to visit the first weekend of March, and will be back again next week for a longer stay. I love this picture of Ella with my mom and William. She was only a week and a half. She has been a smiley girl from the beginning, but difficult at times to catch on film. So you'll have to take our word for it. : )



So Ella has been so much fun and darling since day one. I realize I am enjoying the time I spend with her maybe more than I did with William, because I know what to expect, and am grateful that she stays put where I lay her, she doesn't talk back, and I understand and can fulfill everything she wants (she doesn't get bored). She will share a room with William eventually, but I really like having her sleep in our room, which is strange. William was in his own room at 3 weeks, but he prefered being in his own space. Ella is also growing like a weed, and was 11 lb 4 oz at 6 weeks. I can't get enough of how cute she looks in purple, I have a feeling it will be her color too. And yes, Ella has been read Ella Enchanted already. I even got a response from Gail Carson Levine when I posted a comment about my Ella on Gail's website. Totally awesome!!!



Facts about Ella:
She sleeps 8-9 hours every night (started that when she was 4 weeks)
She loves her Daddy the most
She smiles a lot, especially when Daddy is around
She makes great eye contact and likes to watch her brother play
She prefers to be held upright when she's awake
She loves to look at our picture of the SLC temple, and can find it from anywhere in the room
She looks beautiful in purple
She has a lot of dark brown hair that likes to stick straight up
She can't get enough of her pacifier (it's her favorite)
She must have her hands held when she tries to sleep during the day (I was the same way when I was a baby)

She is a darling daughter of God!



William had a great birthday. We had an Easter/birthday party for him, since his birthday was the Tuesday after Easter. We did an Easter egg hunt with cousins and made personal pizzas. His new favorite movie is Puss in Boots, which he got and watched for his birthday. So now he likes to dress up as Puss in Boots, with his snow boots, Daddy's WWII helmet, and toy sword. When he wears a jacket without buttoning/zipping it up, it automatically becomes a cape or in his words a "hero".

Facts about William:
His funny phrases- "Ohhhh, I see" "Oh boy" "Wookit me wookit me" (look at me)
He likes his baby sister, hates to hear her cry, and is great to keep her safe. He will talk to her and give her kisses and say "it's okay baby"
He was made to be outside ALL the time
He is very polite, when he wants to be
He will eat whatever he has to (usually) so he can ride the 4-wheeler with Grandpa
He will eat vegetables when he's with Aunt Carina
He loves to be a hero, Puss in Boots, Monster, Dinosaur, and William
When asked how old he is, William responds "I'm William"
He likes to help make treats with mom, and play with flour on the floor
He is learning to use the potty on occasion!

He is an awesome little guy that is growing to be not so little anymore!

April is my favorite month of the year, and it's been a great one! It's been wonderful being in a place where spring really occurs in April. And my favorite day, April 13, was on a Friday, even better!

I'm doing great, recovered quickly, and now just working off the remaining 10-15 pesky baby pounds. Tyler started school again for Computer Science/Technology, where he can program. This time around he is actually enjoying it, which is a relief. I am an adviser in YW Mia Maids, and Tyler is the Cub Scout Committee Chairman. So we are kept very busy, but I love the social interaction. We are coming into our own, which is nice. We are blessed with wonderful family, and we are blessed by the Lord every single day! Although some days are longer and harder than others, I'm finding it very easy to count more blessings in my day than hardships. So that says something about a loving Heavenly Father if you ask me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the newsy update and darling pictures! William is getting SO big and Ella is absolutely beautiful!!! (Like her mother!) :) I miss you girl!! I'd love to chat w/ you on skype some time. I'm glad to hear things are going so well. Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete