Friday, October 9, 2009

Back to Reality...

So I am still at a loss with getting pictures and film on here the way it's supposed to be, so I reluctantly can only provide written memories. Oy.

We came back to Idaho just after Tyler's birthday so he could start school again. Oh, the joys of getting an education...time consuming, great learning, and lots of studying. Tyler only has about a year left, and then he will go on to get his masters or work for a few years. That one is still up for debate.

William has been sitting up pretty well on his own since September 30, but not for more than about 5-10 minutes. He still struggles to regain his balance when he reaches for things, or he gets tired of holding himself up, so he tips over. He has quite a large vocabulary in the 'babyish' language, which is really enjoyable to listen. He screeches occasionally (something he gets from being around girlies) and I'm not such a big fan of the sound, but he pulls a pretty funny face when he does it.

I can't believe he is already 6 months old. Well I can believe it, but the time has really sped up over the past few months. I have a feeling it will only continue to speed by. We are feeding him rice cereal these days, and he took to as though he's been eating from a spoon his whole life, he doesn't spit much out at all. I'm still hesitant on feeding him baby food, maybe in a few weeks. He is the captain of his toys and will roll over to reach what he wants. He is very laid back (ha ha, no pun intended since he's usually laying on the floor) and very curious with everything around him. I have to work for him to smile, but when he does, it lasts quite a long time. I am convinced Tyler will always have the magical power of getting William to giggle on command. They spend a lot of time together when Tyler isn't at school, and they are great friends. There is a strong bond between them, I love to see it.

I have been working as a temp teller at Beehive, and I've been able to work for the past 3 weeks quite a bit. It has been a great blessing since I acquired a hefty ER bill from September 11. Once again, not the best day of the year. We are staying afloat, but I admit I do look forward to being established in a home of my own and Tyler having a successful career (in whatever it is he decides). Life now allows us to appreciate the simple things of life and grow closer together through the hard times life throws at us. I know now more than ever how lucky I am to have Tyler and William in my life, they have made my dreams come true and superceded all my expectations.

Long story short, our lives are good, we've encountered some bumps (what can you expect when we live in a mortal world) but we have enjoyed the ride and try to do our best to make lemonade. Oy, the only thing I'm not too thrilled about is the cold and snow, but that's what happens when you live in the 'burg! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... what happened Sept 11th? Did I miss something?! I hope everything is okay. Loved reading about William... I could visualize all your descriptions!... LOL... man I miss that little munchkin. Miss you guys too. :)

    ReplyDelete