Thursday, September 30, 2010

Update

Okay, here's a quick update:

Tyler got an internship in Richland, Washington for the Winter semester/tax season. He is working hard at school to prepare, and is also working part time at a local gas station. (he worked there before William was born) I surprised him on his birthday with his first flight lesson. He was a bird in a previous life (although he could have been a fish as well when you consider his water sport abilities). Anyway, I went with him, and didn't fare as well, but I was glad to be there with him during this first experience. He was AWESOME!

William will be 18 months next weekend, we are amazed at how fast he has grown. He is over 30 lbs and very lovable. It's fun to see his personality come to life. I'm thrilled that he can go to nursery in a week, he'll enjoy church so much more now. I mean, think about it, have to sit still on your mother's lap for 2 hours or play with other kids, eat snacks, laugh, and sing songs. It's a no-brainer. I've taken him in a few times already to get him used to the idea, and it's really a "momma who?" thing for him. He just soaks it all in. He has learned some sign language, and has become really polite (mostly because he has to if he wants any yummy snacks). He is also an avid prayer, and reminds us to pray before every meal, because as soon as he sees food, he folds his arms and squeezes his eyes shut for a second. He is an awesome little guy, and I'm grateful to have him in our home!

As for me...I'm still working a bit as a temp at the credit union, selling Shirley J, and enjoying the hours I spend at home. I've learned how to can this year, (thank you Mom Christian and Mom Passey) and am working on my sewing skills (still in development really). I've read a lot of books this summer, and can finally say I've read "To Kill A Mocking Bird". All I can say is, it was nothing I expected, but I loved it. I just purchased "Wicked" and have high hopes that it will be as great as I imagine it to be. Someday I'd love to see the play in real life. Anyway, I'm getting ready for the Halloween season, my absolute FAVORITE holiday. My friend Tannis and I attempted our skill at Mod Podge earlier (I'll post pictures of that later). It was fun, but I won't quit my day job. Oh yes, and the most exciting event so far in the past bit has been that I've started exercising again. I have started ZUMBA dancing at the college, just later in the evening after William goes to bed (I know perfect timing). I am loving every minute of it, so fun, but I like doing it with other people so I can see if I'm doing it wrong.

Well that's all for now. I'll post sooner rather than later...

No comments:

Post a Comment